Western Lane District Oregon Department of Forestry 19S-5W-30
1949: Construction of a 14x14 standard lookout house on a 40 foot tower was begun, cost of materials was $1137.22.
1950: " Lookout construction had expended $245.21 for materials. The lookout and completion of a storage garage cost $1573.18 for labor. A total cost of the improvement was $2955.61." (1950 Annual Report to Or. Dept. of Forestry)
1969: " Construction is in progress on a portable lookout tower to replace the old tower on Wolf Point. The tower will be constructed so the cabin is removed and brought to headquarters for storage in the winter. This reduces weather deterioration and vandalism which is very common now. Living quarters are provided with a small trailer house." (1969 Annual Report to Or. Dept. of Forestry)
January 1972: "Wolf Point Lookout Station in the Western Lane District burned to the ground this winter. The fire's cause was under investigation as this was written. A layman might think of a lookout as a prime target for flames, particularly in the summertime, but the record doesn't bear it out. Old-timers of the Department were hard pressed in trying to recall if this was a 'first' for the state-association forest fire control setup. Louis Amort, long time Department civil engineer, now in retirement, said this was the first one to his knowledge. Wind has been the lookouts' worst enemy. During the Columbus Day hurricane in 1962, ten stations were blown down." (Forest Log)
1972: A 35-foot steel Aermotor tower with a 7x7 cab was erected.