September 28, 1958: "Junior foresters from high schools and colleges have stood lookout duty at posts on the northeast side of the Willamette River during the past two years. Next year they will also man a lookout tower just off Skyline Blvd. at the northwest end of the park. The tower was donated by Pacific Light and Power Co. The platform will be erected by the city." + (Caption under above towerf image) "To Guard against fire in city's forest, a real lookout tower will be used next year, thanks to Portland General Electric Co. contribution of steel tower." (Sunday Oregonian)
1958: This lookout was developed by the Portland Parks Bureau. Located off N.W. Skyline Blvd near the northern limits of Forest Park. The tower was a modified steel high tension power line tower, donated by a major electric energy provider.