March 1931: "A local member of the unemployment relief project, Flag Point road, broadcast the fact he would rather skin four mules on a 'two-bottom' at two bucks a day than work for the Forest Service. A resident farmer with a sense of humor hearing of this, offered such a job and the shift was made, thus placing another worthy family man on the road job much to the discomfiture of the man who is now skinning the four, his nose perpetually blue in the teeth of the northwester whistling over the flat. O.J. Johnson" (Six Twenty-Six)
October 30, 1932: "New standard lookout cabins have been constructed at Flag Point and Five-Mile butte, 20 miles southwest of headquarters." (The Sunday Oregonian)
October 10, 1933: Panorama photos taken.
1936: The telephone ring for this station was: three short, on long.
September 1937: "Guard Ben Wagner engaged in maintenance work at the head of Tygh Creek tactfully abandoned his work on finding himself confronted by a 300-pound black bear, particularly since there were no huckleberries in the area." (Six Twenty-Six)
1960's: A new 40-foot treated timber tower with a 15x15 R-6 cab was constructed.
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - FLAG POINT LOOKOUT TOWER PID - RC2230 STATE/COUNTY- OR/WASCO COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - FLAG POINT (1996)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (CAG) LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF FLAG POINT IN THE MT. HOOD NATIONAL FOREST.
IT IS A 40 FOOT WOODEN TOWER.
STATION RECOVERY (1947)
RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (WRH) THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF FLAG POINT IN THE MT. HOOD NATIONAL FOREST. IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 15 MILES NORTH OF THE BEAR SPRINGS GUARD STATION AND 12 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF THE SUMMIT OF MOUNT HOOD. THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER WHICH IS ABOUT 90 FEET IN HEIGHT AND HAS A PEAKED ROOF.