July 20, 1932: "Nine new lookout houses are to be built at an estimated cost of $5,300. [One of] these lookouts will be built at Umpqua hot springs in the upper meadows district. Pasture fences are to built be at Umpqua hot springs." (Roseburg News-Review)
1932: A 14 x 14 L-4 ground cabin was constructed.
August 2 & 3, 1933: Panorama photos were taken by Lester Moe and Robert Cooper.
1940: 5,000 feet of three wire, barbed wire fencing was constructed to enclose a pasture area of about 160 acres.
July 8, 1942: "Mrs. E.O. Rickli and Mrs. Grant H. Moore, of this city, made a trip today to the Hot Springs ranger station to take the latter's son, Grant Moore, to visit Alan Knudtson for a week. Alan is a son of Mr. and Mrs. A. M. Knudtson of this city." (The News-Review)
July 28, 1942: "A.M. Knudtson, local jeweler, is spending a week vacationing at the Hot Springs lookout ranger station visiting his son, Alan, who is lookout ranger there for the summer." (Roseburg News-Review)