June 11, 1936: "Ranger Norman Penick, in charge of the Beaver District of the Ochoco, and Earl Huff, who will serve as forest guard in the John Day protectorate and who will have headquarters on Baldy Mountain. Ranger Penick will have communication with Huff via telephone line to Pisgah where the radio station is located. Principal advantage of the radio, which is of short wave type, is in instances of this type where many miles of forest and farmer lines form the only means of communication in the event of forest fire." (Central Oregonian)
August 11, 1936: "On Sunday a radio set was installed on Baldy Mountain, near Waterman, where Earl Huff is located. Also brought was a small portable radio which Fred Staube's son will carry about on horseback while acting as a roving smoke chaser for the forest service. When Staube discovers a fire, he will simply dismount and set up his portable set and in a moment he is in touch with Huff who can broadcast the details to any part of four national forests within a few minutes." (Central Oregonian)
1957: The tower cab was reinforced with metal strapping to hold the roof on for the season, also the ground house and garage were painted inside and outside.
1958: "A 40-foot tower with a 14 x 14 standard USFS cab was about 40% completed this season. The tower is pressure treated Douglas fir poles, braced with 2 x 12 material, installed on the old tower cement bases, guyed with old cable attached to old guy bases. The cabin has aluminum siding and roof. The stairway goes up through the interior of the pole legs through the catwalk. In October we started building the new tower and cabin, and completed approximately half the job by November 1st." (1958 Central Oregon District Annual Report)
1959: "Little or no snow in the higher elevations and drier than usual roads made it possible to get to the Bald Mountain Lookout which construction was halted in November of 1958. Men placed on the job in April put the structure in use by fire season and minor completion work was accomplished by the assigned lookout during the summer." (1959 Central Oregon District Annual Report)
1959: A new toilet was needed.
1960: The catwalk, stairs and hand railing were painted.
1960: This station had no fire reports for the season.
1961: Two fire discoveries were made from this station during fire season.
1962: "The wind blew off one shutter, blew a window glass out, allowing snow and rain to blow in and ruined the tile floor. Mice got in later in the spring and ruined the mattress, so all had to be replaced." (1962 Central Oregon District Annual Report)
1962: Two fires were reported from this station.
1963: A new stove and stove pipe were installed, also new gates were installed on the catwalk on both sides of the trap door.
1963: This station reported two fires for the season.
1964: This was a busy fire season with eleven first discoveries.