1938: "A speeder crew reported the fire, burning along the Oregon American Railroad right-of-way to Dave Conn, who immediately called Baker Point Lookout to check the fire location. The lookout easily located the fire when it was called to his attention, which points to a definite laxity in the lookout's performance of his duties. In our opinion a Lookout with such a careless attitude should be removed, even though he is a son of Frank Baker." (Report on Keasey Fire - 1938)
1941: A 99-foot wood tower with an 8x8 cab was erected. The steel ladder from the old tree lookout replaced by this structure was moved to Damewood Point in Douglas County and became part of a new tree lookout in that district.
May 13, 1942: "This post was visited on May 12th. The observers were Mr. and Mrs. David McMullen. Improvements consist of a 16x18 ground cabin which is satisfactorily sealed in. A good heating stove is needed for winter. Vandalism is also in evidence at this station and as a result, a new door is needed. A 99-foot creosoted sawn timber type of tower with a 7x7 cab on top completes the improvements. As the point has been logged and burned over, a minor wood problem exists. A woodshed is needed." (Inspection Report by W.N. Parke, AWS Inspector, to James Frankland USFS Engineering)
1942: AWS construction consisted of a 20x22 woodshed and a 10x14 room built onto the present house.
1953: Maintenance this year included repairing a shutter, replacing the trapdoor and tightening all the bolts.
1955: Part of one tower leg was replaced along with one flight of stairs and several cross braces. The lookout was repainted inside and out.
November 1956: "A short time ago Dennis Mawhirter, Pittsburg, assistant district warden for the Columbia county unit of the Northwest State district, had occasion to make a trip to the Baker Point lookout and found that the locks had been broken off the station and the remote unit of the radio installation stolen. While calling to report the theft to the Forest Grove office, another call came in from a radio shop in Cornelius saying that two juveniles had brought a piece of the state forestry department radio equipment into the shop to be repaired. The state license was still inside the unit. The two youngsters said there was a man with them at the time the equipment was stolen but they did not know his name. The state police are on his trail." (The Forest Log)
1956: Doors were repaired on the garage and woodshed.
October 12, 1962: The lookout was completely destroyed during the Columbus Day storm.