1952: A 10-foot treated timber ring connected tower with a standard Aladdin hip-roof lookout house constructed. This new tower replaced the Willow Point lookout. The garage moved from Willow Point and re-shingled, had the standard air markings painted on it. The total cost of the structure $2,828.34. (Fremont N.F. files)
1956: The air marking for this station, F-22.
July 7, 1959: "Gerald W. Lilje from Eugene, a former Minneapolis resident, is stationed at Crane Mountain Lookout. Mrs. Pauline M. Lilje from Standish, Michigan, will serve as alternate. Lilje worked on the Fremont during the 1958 season." (Herald and News)
1959: From a September 8th inspection by the Regional Engineer's Office, by O.M. Hahn. "The lookout tower is the standard CT-6 tower, 10 feet in height. The house is the 14x14 size. Tower and house constructed in 1952. Comments: Considerable maintenance work has been done at this installation this year, and the tower and house are presently in good condition. Tower horizontals have been replaced, the cab has been repainted, and linoleum installed inside. The lookout premises and the house living quarters were clean and orderly. Deficiencies: The flag pole is mounted on the catwalk railing, and projects above the lightning protection envelope. No fence on stairs or railings. Recommendations: Move flag pole to the ground. Install fence for stairs and catwalk railings." (Fremont N.F. files)
July 22, 1960: "Crane Mountain Lookout is manned by Roy E. Jones, formerly of Lakeview now from Gresham." (Herald and News)
1960: Richard and Dorothy Davie staffed the lookout for a portion of the season.
July 2, 1961: "Mr. and Mrs. Ross Bailey, another Oregon couple, are manning Crane Mountain." (Herald and News)
1962: The 1962 building improvement report notes that the lookout house needed additional weather-stripping, the stairs supports needed to be made more solid and that there was wind damage that needed to be attended to. (Fremont N.F. files)
January 24, 1963: "Screened catwalk on 20' wood tower; safety gate with locking hook catch. Stairs screened on sides. This tower should be inspected by a qualified building inspector to determine wind damage from October 12, 1962 storm." (Memo from District Ranger to Forest Supervisor)
1963: The lookout cabin was rebuilt, the interior repainted and the shutters were converted all for a cost of $500.00. (Fremont N.F. files)
1969: The 1969 Lookout Inventory notes that the lookout used only for emergency fire detection.
1969: "There is a garage and toilet on Crane Mountain. By removing these structures, we would save numerous maintenance problems since these are locations of many of our vandalism problems. We have not used these structures for several years and do not have plans to use them in the future. However, we still must maintain them to keep them safe and in presentable condition." ( Memo to Forest Supervisor seeking recommendations for the removal of buildings)