1928: A log cabin with a cupola on top was constructed.
July 2, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Reino Sarlin.
1941: The lookout was staffed for 74 days. The reporting station was Oak Grove by way of the Estacada telephone and Telegraph.
1942: A 14x14 L-4 lookout cab was constructed atop a 15-foot timber tower.
1964: The lookout was deactivated.
2005: "Weather-beaten but sturdy, the historic Bull of the Woods fire lookout sits atop a 5,523-foot peak in the heart of the Bull of the Woods Wilderness. The 14x14 foot cabin was built on a 10-foot tower in 1942 and is the only surviving World War II era lookout within the Mt. Hood National Forest. The scenery from this site is spectacular, with nearby Mt. Jefferson a commanding presence. PIT volunteers and Forest Service Heritage Program staff will complete needed interior and exterior restoration, including flooring replacement, window, railing, deck, and door repairs; and overall painting. restoration will enable continued public use of the structure. Participants will hike 3.2 miles into the wilderness to camp at the lookout site." (PIT Traveler, June-November 2005)