May 12, 1934: "A fire lookout house will be built on South Beaver hill a short distance from the ocean in the vicinity of Waldport, according to R.S. Shelley, supervisor of the Siuslaw national forest, who was in that locality Friday. South Beaver is only a knoll and the lookout will look up for fires instead of looking down as is usually the case. He will have a good view up a canyon and will be able to detect fires in that locality very easily when the weather is clear." (The Eugene Register-Guard)
1934: A lookout tower was constructed. (Six Twenty-Six)
August 28, 1936: "On the South Beaver section of the Drift Creek truck trail. Foreman Bostwick and crew have practically completed the grading. Material is assembled for construction of the South Beaver lookout tower and work will be started shortly as the carpenter crew is now putting the finishing touches to the Cannibal tower and lookout house." (Corvallis Gazette-Times)
November 1936: "Jerry Franklin has the South Beaver tower framed and raised and a few more days will see completion of this lookout. Jack Robinson raised the tower with his '2 speed' McCormick hoist." (The Salt - Forest newsletter)
May 29, 1937: Panorama photos taken.
Activated: March 9, 1942. Eugene Filter Center.
1942: "This post was visited on May 5th. This station has a 60-foot log tower with a 14x14 Aladdin cabin, built about 1937. The post is occupied by a middle aged man and wife who live in the cabin. The 16x18 garage can be partitioned, sealed in and used for sleeping quarters. Warden Mellum is going to have this done soon although there has been no estimate submitted for winterizing. Although the couple won't need the garage for sleeping quarters separate from the cabin. Little additional winterizing is anticipated, (Letter from W.N. Parke, AWS Inspector, to James Frankland, USFS)
1942: "Buildings constructed: South Beaver Lookout - 16 x 18 ground cabin living quarters." (Lincoln FPA Annual Report)