August 13, 1957: "A new lookout at Halls Point northwest of Prospect will be built soon." (Medford Mail Tribune)
October 20, 1957: "The new flat-top lookout structure recently was finished on Halls Point in the Union Creek district of the Rogue River National forest. The three-foot overhang eliminates heavy shutters, which are used on older lookouts to reduce glare from the sun. Lightweight shutters will be used in the winter to prevent windows from breaking." (Medford Mail Tribune)
1957: An R-6 flat-roof lookout house constructed at the north end of the ridge. This structure was built in part to replace the old Whetstone Point lookout, with White Point covering the south end of the ridge. Previously a secondary or patrol fire finder stand was located near the lookout site.
September 28, 1958: "Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mather came down off the Halls Point lookout, where they have been stationed for the summer months, so their children, Sharren and Charlotte could enter school." (Medford Mail Tribune)