1939: Approximate date of the construction of a 12x12 non-standard wood ground house with a rock foundation. The only other structure on the site was the 4x4 outhouse. Estimated cost was $1500.00. The lookout was equipped with a Osborne #6 firefinder. Water for the observer came from Smoke Creek Spring.
1948: The lookout house painted.
1956: The air marking number for this station, F-4.