April 1938: "Ten men have recently been assigned to the side camp at the Medford headquarters of the Southwest Oregon Forest Protective Association. The first of several projects, which is now under way, is the construction of a fifty-foot lookout tower tower located near the headquarters building. Located in the center of the Rogue River valley as it is, the lookout gives an excellent view of the surrounding country, including the foothills. Much of this area is not covered by the primary lookouts and this has resulted in some confusion in getting the proper location of the fires in the marginal areas." (The Forest Log)
May 1938: "It is expected that the new lookout tower at the Medford Headquarters of the Southwest Oregon Association will be completed by June 1." (The Forest Log)
May 31, 1938: A 50-foot creosoted round pole tower with a 7 x 7 cab was started March 1, 1938. The construction required 505 man days of labor and a total cost of $1,430.74. (Investment Record - Structural Improvements - ECW)
Removed, the current business office occupies the tower location.