Activated: October 16, 1942. Portland Filter Center.
1942: AWS construction consisted of a 16x24 woodshed and a 10x16 room added to the present house.
January 13, 1943: "A report has just been received by this office that Mr. Leslie R. Stewart, chief observer at Pisgah observation post, has been making trips to Delena, where he has been expressing himself publicly to the effect that he is getting paid for aircraft observation work and that people around there are foolish to be volunteering and doing the type work for nothing. It is also reported that the Army has made it possible for Mr. Stewart to obtain extra gasoline rations. The Army is having an exceedingly hard time keeping up morale of the civilian volunteer observers, particularly in Columbia and Washington Counties, and Mr. Stewart's actions, if true, are certainly adding to their present problem. Mr. Stewart should be informed of the text of our circular E-104. No doubt you will agree that dismissal of guilty observers appears to be the only solution to continued acts of this kind." (Letter to the State Forester from James Frankland, USFS Engineering)
1943: A 14x18 room was built onto the woodshed for the AWS.
February 25, 1944: "The road leading to Pisgah O.P. is reported to be a little difficult to negotiate in the winter and an estimate for improving this road might be desirable." (E (V) Supervision - State of Oregon A.W.S.)
1953: Maintenance this year included repairing windows, doors, flue and ceiling. Then the interior and exterior were painted.