July 20, 1932: "Nine new lookout houses are to be built at an estimated cost of $5,300. [One of] these lookouts will be built at Taft mountain near the old Strader cabin on the Little river-North Umpqua divide." (Roseburg News Review)
1933: A 20-foot round timber tower with an L-4 cab constructed.
August 12, 1933: Panorama photos were taken by Cooper and Sarlin
March 17, 1934: A new set of panorama photos were taken by Rittenhouse.
1936: A woodshed constructed at a cost of $28.00.
1937: An additional $13.20 spent on the woodshed.
September 14, 1937: "Raymond Scofield, who has been at the Taft mountain lookout during the past two weeks, has returned here to attend school." (Roseburg News-Review)