October 14, 1949: "Former Forest Service employees from all over the state, including Portland, Coos Bay and Eastern Oregon, will attend a banquet given by the McKenzie District of Willamette Forest for all those who worked in the district during the past summer. Colored slides contributed by Ralph Teeters, Rebel Rock lookout and others will be shown." (The Eugene Guard)
1955:A L-4 lookout ground cabin was constructed.
September 25, 1967: "The only other unused lookout on the District is Rebel Rock. It was constructed in 1955 and is in very good condition. It can also be used as an emergency lookout. We do not wish to destroy this building at this time." (Memo to Forest Supervisor from Fire Control Officer, Blue River)
September 2017: The Rebel wildfire destroyed the unused structure.