February 11, 1914: "Game Lake. Area 8.88 acres. Request for withdrawal was submitted January 29, 1909 to the Secretary of the Interior, but no action was taken. It is now being used as a stop over station but being situated near the summit of Game Lake Peak, at an elevation of 4500 feet, it will have considerable value for a look out station when improved. It is planned to construct a store house and fence the area as soon as funds are available. It will then be used as a summer headquarters for patrol men. Water from the spring and lake will afford a sufficient supply for domestic use. No application has been made for the area under the Act of June 11, 1906." (L Stations, Siskiyou National Forest)
1934: A lookout was constructed.
May 1940: "Fire danger data indicates conditions in area served by this point to be nearly as severe as those at Agness." (Plans, Guard Placement, Siskiyou National Forest)
1941: The lookout was staffed 105 days and reported to the Agness Ranger Station by way of radio.