March 1935: An accomplishment of the Camp Boyington since its establishment in the late Fall of 1933 includes the establishment of a primary lookout on Rector Mountain. (The Forest Log)
June 9, 1936: Panorama photos taken.
July 9, 1942: "This post was visited on June 26, the observers on duty were G.B.Nunn and Charles Clough. Improvements consist of a 40 foot tower with 7x7 cab. A 14x16 shake cabin with a hastily added 9x14 un-floored bedroom serve as living quarters. Winterization planned consists of putting in a floor in the extra bedroom and completely sealing-in the whole building. More windows and cabinets are to be installed and a root cellar and woodshed constructed. A new cook stove is to be added. The wood show is none to good as the hill has been logged off. Enough snags and stumps remain as a source of fuel. The trail from the end of the God's Valley Road, 3 miles to the lookout, was badly in need of brushing out." (Inspection Report from W.N. Parke, AWS Inspector, to James Frankland, USFS)
1954: A new 40-foot treated timber tower with a 14x14 Amort style cab were constructed for a cost of $4502.04."
1955: A total of $183.98 was spent to complete the construction of the Rector Lookout bring the total costs to $4686.02.