c.1922: The lookout consisted of five wood posts supporting a 12-foot high lookout tree platform.
August 26, 1927: "Harold Church, a brother of Dr. H.C. Church, a lookout stationed at Twin Lakes, came to Roseburg last night to obtain medical treatment for an infected hand." (Roseburg News-Review)
July 21, 1930: "A new tower, constructed of poles cut on the ground, has been erected on Twin Lakes mountain." (Roseburg News-Review)
August 15 & 16, 1933: Panorama photos were taken by Cooper and Sarlin.
July 16, 1938: "Thursday the plane delivered a sack of oats for the mules at the Quartz mountain station. The sack broke. Next year's crop on the pasture ought to be a dandy. On a few miles further a crew of CCC boys, who had been sent to a snag set afire by lightning, were waiting for lunch. The pilot was told that the burning snag would show him the location of the crew, but the fire was out. But the boys built up a little smudge. A shirtless fireman climbed a rock peak to spot the location of the bundles as they fell. Art Radigan dumped the three packages almost in his lap. Next came Twin Lakes lookout. The plane skimmed low enough over the station to see the faces of the lookout crew awaiting arrival of their bedding and grub. A soaring climb over those glorious forests emeralds, Twin lakes, and then a glide back to the Roseburg airport, to take on another load--three bales of hay and a couple of hundred pounds of canned goods." (Roseburg News-Review)
c.1938: A 15-foot lookout tower with a gable roofed cab constructed.