August 1, 1934: "Coos Mountain lookout: A 14 x 14 R-6 Revised Plan No. L-4 house has been packed to Coos Mountain. Mr. MacDonald tells us by phone that he believes it practical to drag the timber for a 40 to 50 foot treated tower to Coos Mountain." (To Regional Forester from Forest Supervisor, Umpqua - CCC-)
July 23, 1936: Panorama photos taken by S.L.M.
April 21, 1936: "Four miles of trail connecting the Tioga road with Coos mountain lookout. These roads and trails are all part of the protection plan covering the largest body of standing Douglas fire in the state of Oregon. Each spring we have maintained all protection trails in this area. A new tower and lookout house has been constructed on Coos mountain." (Roseburg News-Review)
August 15, 1941: "James Peterson of Roseburg has accepted work with the Coos county fire patrol and will be employed as a lookout on Coos mountain." (Roseburg News-Review)
1957: An L-4 lookout house was constructed on a 10-foot treated timber tower.