April 22, 1931: "Practically 100 per cent visibility over the forests of the Santiam district will be made possible by the emergency lookout stations which will be added to the forest patrol service this year, according to C. C. Hall, forest supervisor. Bear Point will be one of the eleven new emergency stations. This post will be connected with the forest telephone system that will link it up with the fire control office at Fish Lake." (Statesman Journal)
1934: A 14x14 L-4 lookout house constructed by the CCC.
July 31, 1934: "On Sunday the group went on a three miles further to Bear Point lookout where Kenneth Wilson is stationed. This lookout, which has an altitude of 6,035 feet, is the highest lookout in the Willamette national forest." (Daily Capital Journal)
May 23, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Robert Cooper.
1941: The lookout staffed for 70 days. The reporting station located at the Detroit Ranger Station by way of the Santiam Co-op Telephone Company.
October 11, 1968: The lookout structure disposed of by burning.