1935: "A forty foot round timber tower with a 10x10 house was constructed on the emergency lookout point near Camp Two. This point has been previously used with the firefinder set on a pipe planted in the ground. It will cover the logged-off area along Fourbit and Willow Creeks..." (The History of the Rogue River National Forest, Vol. 2)
1941: A five man crew was put to work on a maintenance project at the emergency lookout located near their camp. $100.00 was allotted for these repairs. (History of the Rogue River National Forest, Vol. 2 - by Carroll E. Brown)
c.1950: The lookout located at the north side of the old South Fork CCC camp destroyed.