November 1931: "After our heavy storm we are trying to catch up on our improvement work as we are getting a rest on fires. The Tennessee Mountain road and telephone line are now under construction, when road and line are completed we will have an Emergency Lookout that will be of great value during times of poor visibility and in the spring before other lookouts are on." (The Siskiyou Bulletin)
June 1932: "On June 9 the Tennessee Lookout saw lightning strike in the vicinity of Merlin, some twenty-five miles away. Six minutes later smoke was picked up where the strike was seen. Guard detection, we claim, helps some on the hour control." (The Siskiyou Bulletin)
July 1932: "The new Tennessee Mountain Lookout station made an excellent place for training the sixteen lookouts who attended the guard school. The fire finder is mounted in the open and has a railed platform surrounding it. Several smokes in Illinois Valley gave the men opportunity to try out their ability at locating and reporting actual fires." (The Siskiyou Bulletin)
April 3, 1934: Panorama photos taken by James Rittenhouse & Albert Arnst
1937: The road to the lookout, started in 1936, completed.
May 1940: "Excellent seen area over an area that has a very high expectancy of man-caused fires in the settlements, particularly S and SE or Redwood R.S. Position should be manned very early in the fire season, and past records indicate that it has been so manned. Its suppression coverage is not a factor since this can be well taken care of out of Redwood R.S. Suggested dates are conservative and represent more of an average condition. Opening dates prior to May 15 should be handled by an emergency guard." (Plans, Guard Placement, Siskiyou National Forest)
1941: The lookout staffed 135 days and reported to the Redwood Ranger Station.
Activated: March 9, 1942; Deactivated: October 16, 1943. Roseburg Filter Center.
October 16, 1943: AWS Station 'Mike 9-7' was inactivated with recommendations to retain. No AWS improvements were involved. (Report of Aircraft Warning Service Stations, May 1, 1944)
1958: "Building maintenance: General repairs." (Southwest Oregon District Annual Report)
1959: "Building maintenance: Repaired shutters and some painting." (Southwest Oregon District Annual Report)