July 9, 1933: "The Hood River county court has agreed to deed to the United States forestry service a plot of land on a butte at the head of Neal creek at the west edge of the valley, where a new lookout station house will be erected. The forestry service will immediately construct the new tower and a trail, connecting with the Fir road on the east side." (The Sunday Oregonian)
June 25, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Robert Cooper.
1941: The lookout was staffed 95 days. The reporting station was the Parkdale Ranger Station and the connections were through Oregon-Washington Telephone Company.
1952: a 40-foot timber tower with an L-4 cab replaced the old tower.
1965: This station called in only one first report during the fire season.