Eastern Lane District, Oregon Department of Forestry 16S-3E-35
c.1936: A 10x10 L-5 ground lookout house was built.
1953: "Three miles of metallic circuit telephone line were constructed, replacing the existing inadequate grounded circuit line. Eight miles of road construction replaced the old method of walking into the lookout by trail." (Eastern Lane District Annual Report)
1955: A 24-foot creosote treated timber tower was erected, at a cost of $2715.00