1952: "A new lookout site has been staked out in eastern Columbia county and treatment of the material has already been started at Salem. The new structure will be the standard forest service type CT3 which is a 40-foot tower with laminated legs. The cabin will be 14x14." (Agency Newsletter No. 18)
1952: A 40-foot treated timber tower with a 14x14 cab was constructed at a total cost of $3637.47.
1953: The lookout had a window replaced, a new garbage pit dug and was painted inside and out.
1955: The interior was repainted.
1966: The garage was moved from the lookout to the Clatskanie Guard Station.
June 16, 1967: "In Columbia County, the fire warden of Oregon Department of Forestry reports the index there has been moved into the 'medium' range. Their Meissner Lookout tower will be manned on a 24-hour a day basis beginning today." (Longview Daily News)