Siuslaw National Forest > Oregon Department of Forestry 13S-10W-01 & 13S-9W-06
May 14, 1915: "M.S. Durbin, head ranger of the forest service, come to Newport from Tillamook with 11 pack burros. He was on his way to Waldport, where he will load the little donkies with wire and equipment to extend the telephone line from Waldport to Florence and from Waldport to Table Mountain, where a lookout station will be established." (Lincoln County Leader)
March 30, 1926: "The ranger asked for authority to place a lookout on Table mountain to ascertain the approximate location of the fires, and a man has been sent to that peak, according to word given out at the office of the supervisor. The ranger telephoned that there appeared to be five or six fires and that a great deal of smoke was coming from them." (The Morning Oregonian)
May 1932: "A trip to Table Mountain April 12 found snow on the north side of the mountain. The boys who have been building the cabin have had to leave the mountain five times since the first of November because of heavy snow." (The Salt - Forest newsletter)
April 3, 1934: Panorama photos taken.
1958: A 102-foot timber tower with a 7x7 cab, moved from Little Hebo, was erected at the second site.