July 18, 1928: "In the McKenzie district a telephone line is being built from the McKenzie highway, past Scott lake to the top of Scott mountain. The peak will be occupied as a secondary lookout point this year." (Morning Register)
June 21, 1929: "Construction of two lookout houses, one on Scott peak and the other on Waldo peak, is to be started shortly, according to R.F. Grefe, construction superintendent of the Cascade national forest. Scott mountain, which lies about two miles northwest of Scott lake, will get a fire chaser house of the tower variety. There has been no lookout house on this peak," (Eugene Register)
July 25, 1929: "Material is now being shipped from McKenzie Bridge to the summit of Scott mountain, where a lookout house is to be built. Mules are being used to move this material. The material to build one of these houses amounts to from 60 to 70 pack mule loads, according to Mr. Moses." (Eugene Register)
August 20, 1929: "The lookout station under construction on Scott mountain in the Cascades is nearly completed, and will be finished within two weeks, according to N.F. MacDuff, supervisor of the Cascade national forest, who visited the station recently. The outside has been nearly completed and the inside work is about all that remains to be done." (The Eugene Guard)
August 22, 1929: "The lookout house on the summit of Scott mountain is nearing completion. The materials were packed to the top by the forest service packer, Ed Woods, assisted by Prince Glaze, fire warden, who is stationed at Scott lake. It required about 10 or 12 days to complete the packing." (The Eugene Guard)
September 7, 1933: Panorama photos taken by Robert Cooper, Reino Sarlin and Albert Arnst.
1959: The lookout removed.
August 18, 1960: "After breakfast the whole group hiked one and a half miles to Benson Lake. Some of the members hiked on up to Scott Mountain Lookout and found that it had burned." (The Lebanon Express)