1914: This was the third lookout put into service by the Douglas County Forest Patrol Association.
May 26, 1925: "The Douglas County Fire Patrol is making preliminary arrangements for its fire season. A lookout station has been constructed on Dutchman Butte, near Camas Valley, the post to be a cooperative one between the Douglas and Coos county patrols. This post will overlook all the territory along the Coos and Douglas county lines, where there has been much trouble in past years." (Roseburg News-Review)
1932: "Recommendations: The Dutchman Butte lookout house should have a new roof, and the cabin should also be floored." (Douglas FPA - Oregon Department of Forestry Annual Report - 1932)
March 12, 1934: "The following is the information you desired regarding the lookout cabin to be packed to Dutchmans Butte. The materials are cut and made up in bundles ranging in weight from 25 to 100 lbs, and length about 6 to 5 feet. Total number of bundles - 145 Total weight of bundles - 9200 lbs Distance of pack about 4 miles The material is stored at Chas. Crouch's place, Camas Valley. I have the names of two men who are reputed to qualify for doing the work." (Letter to Gordon Marsh from the Remote Camp G6 - CCC-)
June 11, 1934: Panorama photos taken.
August 1, 1934: "Dutchman Butte Lookout: 10 foot tower built of Douglas Fir, native logs, set on concrete blocks, job done, or practically so." (To Regional Forester from Forest Supervisor, Umpqua -CCC-)
August 2, 1934: "Ed Joyce, local fire service employe, is packing lumber on horses to Big Dutchman, where Ed Florence of CCC Camp Bradford and a crew of men are building a lookout station. The lumber is trucked for seven or eight miles on the CCC road which was built by the Remote camp, extending from the camp south toward Big Dutchman and is then packed for two or three miles further to reach the site of the lookout." (Roseburg News-Review)
1936: Members of the CCC at Camp Bradford constructed a timber tower of about 10 feet in height with a 14 x 14 hip roof cab.
1939: "The association expended $179.18 to connect their telephone line at Dutchman Butte with the Forest Service line to West Fork." (Douglas FPA - Oregon Department of Forestry Annual Report - 1939)
1958: The radio number at this time was 518. The telephone connections were through Pacific Telephone to the Roseburg Headquarters.
1970: The old lookout structure was replaced with a 14'8" three leg steel tower with a 14 x 14 flat roof cab. The steel for the tower was material recycled from the discontinued radar station on Fairview Peak above Cottage Grove.