July 20, 1932: "Nine new lookout houses are to be built at an estimated cost of $5,300. [One of] these will be built on Big Squaw mountain on the Little river-South Umpqua divide. Pasture fences are to be built at Big Squaw mountain." (Roseburg News-Review)
1933: An L-4 cab was built on a 10-foot timber tower.
1933: A pasture fence of logs and poles was constructed at a cost of $36.75. (Umpqua National Forest files)
August 12, 1933: Panorama photos taken by William Birchall & Lester Moe.
August 21, 1934: "Several acres of clearing to Increase visibility for the lookout of Big Squaw mountain has been completed." (CCC) (Roseburg News-Review)
1935: An additional $6.02 was spent on the pasture fencing. (Umpqua National Forest files)
1941: The lookout was staffed for 80 days and reported to the Steamboat Bridge Ranger Station. Communications were by way of forest line to Pacific Telephone and Telegraph.