1954: A 60-foot steel tower with a 7x7 steel cab was erected. This structure was constructed as a replacement for the Benson Lookout. The total cost when completed was $2325.00. Some of the material was salvaged bringing the cost of materials down to $287.46.
1955: "A porch was built onto the living quarters, also kitchen built-ins were installed and the interior of the dwelling was painted. A garage and woodshed were constructed from salvaged materials at a cost of $268.06 for labor." (1955 Annual Report to Oregon Department of Forestry)
1984: In January the lookout tower was dismantled and moved to the Magness Tree Farm, near Wilsonville, to be reassembled and used as an education and historic display. The tower was dismantled by the same person that erected it originally, Don Rust of Forest Grove.