1937 - 1974: 100-foot steel Aermotor tower erected by the CCC.
May 6, 1937: " Workmen are shown dismantling the big steel tower at the biological survey headquarters on the west side of Tule Lake, this tower, which was used by game agents to watch for poachers on the bird reserve, will be moved to the Upper Klamath Lake Preserve and utilized there for the same purpose." (The Klamath News)
1974: The tower was dismantled by a crew from the Cave Junction Smoke Jumper base and transported to that site.
May 2, 2015: The tower site is located at the old Upper Klamath Refuge headquarters. The lookout site consists of three foundation blocks, the fourth and a possible step pad are either buried or removed, nothing else remains. A fairly young growth of trees cover the area but still open enough to find the blocks. Signs posted at the entrances to the compound point out "No Public Access".