July 21, 1933: " Barney Shattuck, who has been on Adams Mountain for a week with a detail from the Brice Creek CCC camp left Monday for Silica," (The Sentinel)
August 11, 1933: " Material has arrived and work will start immediately." (The Sentinel)
September 14, 1933: " A 10x10 lookout is to be constructed before the snow flies. A 10x10 is the standard size for a secondary site. To be built by the CCC." (Roseburg Chieftain)
March 8, 1934: Panorama photos taken by James Rittenhouse.
August 15, 1935: "Fay Stewart, lookout from Adams mountain, is home on leave of absence." (The Eugene Register-Guard)
July 6, 1938: "Wayne Mackin, forest ranger, came down from Rujada recently and took back a load of supplies to Adams mountain lookout station where he will spend the summer." (The Eugene Guard)
July 27, 1942: In 1933 a 19-foot round fir timber tower with bolted joints was constructed with a 14x14 cab. The cab was encircled with a catwalk, the single flight of stairs was made of 2x6 material and the lightning protection was the standard #2 copper wire. The interior was equipped with a Kellogg Grab-a-phone, a model 1934 Osborne #4 fire finder and the wood stove was a Lang-Alaska #12-29. The outhouse was of the standard Wallowa design. Water was carried a half mile from the spring located southeast of the lookout. Accessibility was by road 26 miles from Cottage Grove to the trailhead then five miles by trail. (Report on Lookout and Guard Stations)