June 15, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Reino Sarlin.
c.1936: A lookout house built.
1948: A 14x14, L-4 ground house constructed.
1967: "This lookout is hardly ever visited by tourists or anyone else. During extreme situations, we do use this station, but not normally." (Lookout Inspection Survey)
September 17, 1968: "Dome Rock destroyed 9-17-68. AD-112 will be in tonight's mail." (TT to Supervisors Office from Fire Control Officer, Rigdon)
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - DOME ROCK LOOKOUT HOUSE PID - PC0845 STATE/COUNTY- OR/LANE COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - STALEY RIDGE (1997)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (HSC) THE STATION IS THE APEX OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE LOCATED ABOUT 100 FEET BELOW THE HIGHEST POINT OF DOME ROCK. IT IS A STANDARD LOOKOUT HOUSE BUILT OF WOOD AND RESTING ON THE GROUND.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 58 AND THE MAIN STREET IN OAKRIDGE, GO SOUTHEAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 58 FOR 2 MILES TO RIGDON ROAD. TURN RIGHT, SOUTH, FOLLOWING RIGDON ROAD FOR 21 MILES TO BIG PINE OPENING AND SIGN DOME RK L. O. THIS IS THE END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. PACK SOUTH ON THE DOME RK TRAIL FOR 5 MILES TO THE SUMMIT OF THE RIDGE AND THE STATION.