October 15, 1931: "Roy Beemer, fire lookout at Wolf Mountain point, Lane county, near Cruzette, was badly beaten last night by two unidentified men on the trail near his lookout. He made his way into Cruzette and received treatment from a doctor called from Eugene before being taken to a Eugene hospital. State police called from Klamath Falls and Eugene planned to organize a posse this morning and search for Beemer's assailants. Two men were seen lurking near Cascade summit for the past two weeks and had been under suspicion in connection with a house robbery three weeks ago. The two men set upon Beemer beating him over the head with a rifle after he stopped them coming from his lookout station with heavy packs." (Roseburg New-Review)
October 17, 1931: "State police returned to Klamath Falls early today from Cruzette after an unsuccessful search for two unidentified men who attacked and beat Roy Beamer, forest lookout, after he found they had robbed his cabin. The police found abandoned bed rolls of the pair and tracked them into Box Canyon where they lost the trail. Lieut. O.O. Nichols, of the state constabulary, and Deputy Sheriff Ross Brown left at noon for Crescent and the O'Dell country to continue the search." (Roseburg News-Review)
June 4, 1939: "Officers are investigating the destruction of a forest lookout tower on Wolf Mountain three and a half miles above Cruzette and 20 miles east of Oakridge. Some time during the past winter the tower, 65 feet high, crashed to the ground and was only discovered a few days ago on the first trip of forest employes to the mountain. It was found the turn buckle on one of the guy wires had been screwed off, allowing the tower to fall when a wind came up. It was a complete wreck, according to the officers." (Eugene Register-Guard)
October 30, 1939: "The CCC side camp on Wolf Mountain, composed of boys who have been working most of the summer on the 65-foot lookout tower, has been called in and work stopped because of a five-inch snow fall. The work will continue next summer. About 44 feet of the tower have been completed." (The Eugene Guard)
1940: A 65-foot treated timber tower with a L-4 model 1936 cab was erected on the northern end of the ridge.