1934: A 10x10 L-5 lookout cabin was constructed.
May 1940: "Provides detection for a considerable area of high hazard burns. Visibility area beyond 8 miles includes country adjacent to Agness R.S., a section noted for its fires." (Plans, Guard Placement, Siskiyou National Forest)
1941: The lookout station was staffed 100 days and reported to the Agness Ranger Station by radio.
Removed by burning.
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - FISHHOOK LOOKOUT TOWER PID - NZ1317 STATE/COUNTY- OR/CURRY COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - BRANDY PEAK (1989)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (JCS) STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT ON FISH HOOK PEAK, IN THE SISKIYOU FOREST. IT IS ABOUT 8 MILES, AIR LINE, ESE OF AGNESS AND 2 MILES N AND W OF THE W FORK OF THE ILLINOIS RIVER, IN T. 35 S., R. 10 W.
THIS STATION WAS NOT VISITED DUE TO ITS INACCESSIBILITY AND WAS OBSERVED FROM A GREAT DISTANCE. IT APPEARED TO BE A GRAY BUILDING, SQUARE, WITH A PYRAMIDAL ROOF. IT APPEARS TO BE ERECTED ON THE GROUND RATHER THAN ON A TOWER.