October 30, 1932: "At Bonney butte a new standard cabin has been built and connected with the rest of the ranger district and the Mount Hood loop at Bennett pass and Badger mountain by construction of a system of new forest service roads totaling 17 miles, on which District Ranger Eric Gordon reports 60 men have been employed on the 80-hour week." (The Sunday Oregonian)
September 19, 1933: Panorama photos taken by Robert Cooper.
1936: The telephone ring for this station was: one long, three short.
September 1937: "Guard Harry McConnell while engaged in telephone line maintenance hastily abandoned his work and sought safety in his trusty old Model T on the hearing the hair raising howl of a timber wolf which was quieted upon hearing McConnell's answering call from the horn of his tin lizzie." (Six Twenty-Six)
1941: The lookout was staffed for 74 days. The reporting station, Dufur Ranger Station, was connected by telephone by way of the Mt. Hood Telephone Company.
1945: The AWS station at Bonney Butte was staffed by members of the Trails Club of Oregon. Ed Neubauer, 2 weeks; Freda Neubauer, 2 weeks; Henry and Inez Waespe, 2 weeks. (Trails Club of Oregon Archives)
1964: The lookout station was deactivated.
1967: In November, Fred Zurlinger, a Forest Service employee from the Barlow Ranger District, ignited the structure as the chosen method of disposing of the building.