July 7, 1915: "The Douglas County Fire Patrol Association is now employing 35 men on trail work. It is expected that all this work will be completed before the fire season sets in. The telephone gang has just completed eight miles of line from Camas Valley to Live Oak Mountain, and are now repairing the line from Flournoy Valley to Lander's Lookout. When this work is completed there will be no inaccessible districts in the county, and fire-fighters can be gotten to any fire within a few hours notice." (Roseburg Review)
June 9, 1934: Panorama photos were taken by Rittenhouse. Noted on the photos was a reference that this site was a co-op between the Umpqua National Forest and Douglas FPA
August 1, 1934: "Live Oak lookout: There is road to this point and the lookout and the lookout house is in storage at the Remote CCC Camp barracks. Mr. Mercer states he understands that this is to be a 14 x 14 house for a tower setting. Mr. Mercer and Mr. Southwick feel that this house should be set on a 40 to 50 foot treated tower." (To Regional Forester from Forest Supervisor, Umpqua - CCC-)
September 8, 1934: "Mr. and Mrs. Bob Smith at Live Oak lookout station." (The News-Review)
September 22, 1935: "On an emergency trip to our lookout at Live Oak today one of our men encountered a locked gate just above Camp Remote. We were not informed that any gate was to be placed on this road and had no knowledge of its being there until we wanted to use the road. In the future when roads that we use for fire protection are locked we would appreciate being notified in advance." (Letter to Forest Supervisor, Umpqua National Forest from DFPA District Warden)
September 26, 1934: "Charles Reynolds, who has been helping his brother-in-law, Wm. Cooper, build a house at Myrtle Point, has been assigned the job of building a fourteen foot lookout tower at Live Oak fire station." (Roseburg News-Review)
September 18, 1935: "John LeTourneux, lookout at Live Oak station near Camas valley, left Tuesday for Portland to spend a week, before going to Corvallis to begin his second year in the school of forestry at Oregon State college." (The News-Review)
1937: A 14 x 14 lookout house was built on a 10-foot timber tower by men from the Bradford CCC camp.
October 7, 1938: "Gordon Harness, who has been in charge of the Live Oak lookout station near Camas Valley during the summer, has returned to his home here." (Roseburg News-Review)
December 19, 1941: "Residents of the Camas Valley community have raised $200 by public subscription to provide food and other essentials for crews manning air raid warning service observation posts in that area, Harry Pinniger, county defense coordinator, reported today. The forest lookout stations at Dutchman's Butte and Live Oak are being occupied by volunteer civilian observers. Because of weather conditions these crews will be snowbound much of the time. Two women have volunteered to occupy the Live Oak station, where they will be isolated during the greater part of the winter. The supplies and materials being purchased by the community will be packed in to the stations." (The News-Review)
Activated: September 17, 1942; Deactivated: October 16, 1943; Roseburg Filter Center.
September 9, 1942: "The Army has requested that Live Oak be activated as a yearlong AWS observation post as soon as possible." (Letter to the State Forester from James Frankland, USFS Engineering)
October 16, 1943: The Army deactivated this Air Warning Service post effective 1800 hours.
August 15, 1944: "Mrs. Joelson has gone to Signal Tree lookout for the fire season. Her daughter is at Live Oak lookout." (The News-Review)
June 7, 1957: "Mr. and Mrs. A. L. Brandon, of Boise, Idaho, were recent guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. William Busch. Mrs Brandon is lookout at Live Oak during the Oregon closed season, and has been in this position for the past five years. Brandon is a fire warden." (The News-Review)
1958: The radio number for this station was 554. The telephone communications was by Pacific telephone to Roseburg Headquarters.
June 23, 1959: "Mr. and Mrs. A. L. Brandon, Boise, Idaho, were guests of Mr. and Mrs. William Busch last week. The Brandons will be returning to the Live Oak lookout for the duration of the fire season. They have had charge of Live Oak Station for several years." (The News-Review)
June 11, 1962: "Mr. and Mrs. Al Brandon of Boise, Idaho, recently visited at the home of Mrs. Bill Busch. They were on their way to the Live Oak lookout station where they will spend the summer fire watching. The Brandons have spent several summers on Live Oak." (The News-Review)