1924: A 8 x 10, one room, shake roof dwelling was constructed at a cost of $31.67. This structure was used as a tool cache and had a dirt floor.
1925: An additional $100.00 was spent on improving the dwelling.
c.1928: A 20 foot round pole tower with an open platform was erected.
1932: A 14 x 14 L-4 hip roof lookout house was built on a 20-foot round timber tower.
August 6, 1933: Panorama photos were taken by Lester Moe and Robert Cooper.
August 19, 1936: Panorama photos were taken by James Rittenhouse.
July 17, 1934: "The Umpqua national forest has received an additional allotment for road and trail construction and maintenance work totaling $34,460, according to an announcement today by V.V. Harpham, supervisor. This will enable the forest service to continue with several projects now under way considerably linger than would otherwise have been the case, since funds were beginning to exceedingly low on some projects. The set up provides $6,000 for a stub road to Elephant mountain lookout in the Diamond lake district." (Roseburg News-Review)