1935: "Approximately three miles of road construction was completed and three more miles partially completed and three more miles partially complete on the Willow Creek road project by the South Fork camp (CCC). This project when completed to Buck Point will open an area of approximately 12 square miles, which has previously been available to travel only over 5 to 10 miles of trail. The road is being primarily constructed for protection purposes for travel into the area, and in order to develop Buck Point as a lookout fireman station." (History of the Rogue River National Forest Vol. 2)
1941: The lookout staffed 105 days. Communications to the reporting station at Butte Falls by telephone connections with Columbia Utilities Company.
1953: A lookout house constructed.
1970: The lookout house replaced by a trailer with a pop up cupola. This was used for a period and then removed.