1935: A 100-foot steel Aermotor tower with a 7x7 cab erected. (L.O. Condition Survey Report - 1972)
August 4, 1935: Panorama photos taken by Albert Arnst.
1972: From the 1972 Lookout Condition Report: "Tower is grounded on S.W. corner only. No evidence of continuous ground connector." "Estimated remaining life 20 years suitable for moving." "Recommend removing all trees over 12" DBH which could hit the tower. Approximately 12 trees to remove."
May 7, 1973: The lookout was downgraded to a stand-by lookout. (Union-Bulletin)
May 26, 2015: The lookout site was added to the National Register of Historical Places.
The NGS Data Sheet
DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1936 THIS OCCUPIED STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER, 100-FOOT STEEL STRUCTURE. THE STATION IS ABOUT 9 MILES W OF TROY, 3 MILES S OF THE OREGON-WASHINGTON STATE LINE AND 0.5 MILE N OF LONG MEADOWS RANGER STATION. FOREST ROADS LEAD TO THE RANGER STATION FROM THE E AND FROM THE W, FROM WHICH POINT A ROAD LEADS N TO THE TOWER.