August 8, 1934: "Mr. Scott (Secretary of the Western Lane Fire Patrol Association) is anxious to get something done about the Stony Point Lookout. I understand that the house for this lookout has been purchased and is in storage. It is not likely that we will be able to put a road up to Stony Point in either the third or fourth enrollment periods but it may be practicable to make a trail to pack the house to the point where it is needed. This work could be done preferably this fall before wet weather sets in." (Letter to Regional Forester from Forest Supervisor, Umpqua -CCC-)
August 1936: "Work on the Alma truck trail is nearly completed and a start has already been made on the Stony Point lookout trail." (The Forest Log)
November 1, 1936: A 100-foot creosoted ring connected tower with a 7 x 7 cab was started September 15, 1936. The construction required 327 man days of labor and a total cost of $2,053.86. (Investment Record - Structural Improvements - ECW)
November 1936: "The 103-foot lookout tower on Stony Point was completed by Foreman Oscar Lundberg and his crew of five men within a month's time. Stony Point sub-camp has now been returned to the main camp. Herbert Barr was the tower builders' cook and, in addition to providing a good mess, maintained an excellent sub-camp which possessed running water, cooler, and shower bath. The lookout tower crew was composed of Donald Phillips, Arthur Gullichson, Sam Tice, Jess Lamb, and Marshall Sleeman." (The Forest Log)
1936: "The Gunter CCC camp extended the Smith River-Paradise truck trail to the southern boundary of our district and developed a lookout station on Stony Point in section 14 T17S R6W, by constructing a 100 foot tower and guard station." (1936 Annual Report to Oregon Department of Forestry)
August 1937: "Kenneth Fildes, who has been on detached duty from the camp as lookout on Stony Point, is making an enviable record for an inexperienced man. He has picked up a number of fires and in each case has been very accurate in his locations." (The Forest Log)
July 25, 1940: Panorama photos were taken by W.B.O.
1942: $140.00 was spent on construction of a cabin.
1953: One quarter of a mile of road constructed at the lookout. The dwelling house was refinished on the inside and was re-roofed.
October 12, 1962: The lookout was destroyed in the Columbus Day hurricane.