1923: A 6 by 8 log, one room, tool house with a shake roof was constructed at a cost of $40.00. (Umpqua National Forest files)
September 13, 1930: "Chilcoot is a lookout station, and in the top of an adjacent fir the lookout passes many hours each day, and not frequently at night, scanning the distant horizon for evidences of fires that may have gotten started through carelessness of some hunter or camper. Ascent to the lookout is by way of a ladder, and on the little platform about six feet square at the top is a telephone for transmitting information to all other stations throughout the Umpqua forest. These telephone lines have been put in during the years past, the rangers literally hewing their was through dense growth in many places to make the installation of the lines possible, and to enable the trails to be built." (Roseburg News-Review)
1931 A 8 by 10 woodshed was built using split board siding. The toilet was of the Wallowa plan with a shake shelter. (Umpqua National Forest files)
1931: An L-4 gable roof lookout house was built.
August 21 & 23, 1933: Panorama photos taken by Reino Sarlin, Lester Moe & Albert Arnst.