April 22, 1931: "Practically 100 per cent visibility over the forests of the Santiam district will be made possible by the emergency lookout stations which will be added to the forest patrol service this year, according to C. C. Hall, forest supervisor. Buck Mountain will be one of the eleven new emergency stations. This post will be connected with the forest telephone system that will link it up with the fire control office at Fish Lake." (Statesman Journal)
October 14, 1933: "Felix Sparks has a crew of men at work building the last lookout house at Buck mountain west of Blue river." (The Eugene Guard)
November 8, 1933: "Felix Sparks' crew has finished the lookout house on Buck mountain." (The Eugene Guard)
May 9, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Reino Sarlin.
1941: The lookout was manned 75 days. The reporting station was McKenzie Bridge, using Pacific Telephone and Telegraph.
October 30, 1967: "Reference your 7300 memorandum of October 23, 1967. Attached is Form AD112 for the disposal of Buck Mtn. L.O. Also the following information as requested: Date of disposal planned - November 1967 or May 1968 Disposal cost - $100.00 Funds available - none Needed - $100.00 Cost is based on 2 men for 2 days to hike into Buck Mtn. and burn the Lookout and return the following day to chunk up and dispose of unburned hardware. Estimated labor - $87.00 Vehicle use - $12.80 Actual Estimated cost - $99.80" (Memo to Forest Supervisor from Fire Control Officer)
October 9, 1968: "Attached is the signed AD-112, No. IV 18-17-68 for the disposal of Buck Mtn. Lookout. The lookout house was burned during the rainy period in early September. One manday was spent in burning the building and two mandays were spent in cleaning up the area and disposing of the unburnable materials. The job was accomplished within the allotted financing for this project." (Memo to Forest Supervisor from Fire Control Officer, Blue River)