1941: A 60-foot treated timber tower with an L-4 cab was constructed.
July 2, 1942: "Eddie Powell of Nyssa has returned to John Day after attending to business here. He will be a lookout at the Dry Soda lookout station south of John Day this summer." (Nyssa Gate City Journal)
June 1, 1978: "Dry Soda Lookout received considerable damage over the winter months. The gate at the base of the lookout was torn off, and a nearby sign was completely destroyed. 'Structural supports for very important weather recording equipment also sustained damage.' it was added." (Blue Mountain Eagle)