July 21, 1933: "Frank Singletary left Sunday for Little Bunch Grass where he will serve as lookout fireman for the forest service." (The Eugene Guard)
April 27, 1934: "Materials are now being sent for the lookout house on Little Bunch Grass mountain northwest of McCredie Springs." (The Eugene Register-Guard)
1934: A 10x10 L-5 lookout house built.
August 8, 1938: "Mr. and Mrs. R.W. Dimick of Corvallis have arrived to spend several days with their son Phillip, who is serving as lookout fireman for the forest service on Little Bunchgrass mountain." (The Eugene Guard)