c.1918: Mr. and Mrs. Bill Elkins were the first lookouts to staff this station. The original structures amounted to a fire finder mounted on an open stand.
September 1, 1932: "J.W. Ferguson, district warden of the Clackamas-Marion Counties unit, was a visitor in Salem a few days ago. He states that the new lookout house on Pechuck will soon be completed and it will be one of the best in the state. It is being constructed entirely of rock. It is 14 by 14 feet with walls 12 inches thick." (The Forest Log)
1932: "New improvement projects completed during the season consisted of completion of Pechuck Lookout house, 7S 4E Sec 27, which was started in 1931." (Clackamas-Marion District Annual Report)
1953: "Paint roof and all outside woodwork." (Clackamas-Marion District Annual Report)
1954: "Repair floor in cabin, replace weather stripping in all windows and installed stool with glass legs and complete with lightning rods for lightning protection." (Clackamas-Marion District Annual Report)
1964: The last year that the lookout regularly staffed.
1965: The lookout abandoned.
1995: The lookout structure refurbished and opened to the public as a shelter.