July 8, 1954: "A new style lookout building has recently been completed in the Izee area. The building is of three-story design, with garage on the lowest level, living quarters on the second floor, and the lookout post on the top. The structure is covered with aluminum sheathing. It, like all of the state forestry department's other lookouts and fire stations, has already been manned for the season." (Blue Mountain Eagle)
November 1957: "The devastating effects of a terrific hail storm are surprisingly evident on a strip of forest land a mile wide and five miles long in a part of the state protective unit located on the watershed of the upper South Fork of the John Day river some 30 miles south of Dayville. The Pyramid lookout was in the path of the storm. The storm windows had not yet been raised but the aluminum siding of the building was marked with dents half an inch deep and as much as two inches across. The force of the hail can be guessed from the fact that the siding had been nailed to shiplap." (The Forest Log)
1958: Catwalks, railings and second floor deck were painted.
1959: The second floor room was partly sealed with plasterboard.
1960: The second floor room of the lookout is about half completed with plasterboard. This station reported three discoveries this season.
1961: The second floor was completed with a plasterboard covering, also the exterior was repainted. two guard rails were replaced and an external shower was constructed from scrap lumber. This season only one first report was made.
1964: Four fires were reported from this station. The previous two season were shown not to have had any reports.