September 19, 1922: "A lookout station will be built on Devil's peak in the Mount Hood reserve and naturally the best view will be heavenward." (The Morning Oregonian)
October 2, 1922: "A telephone line is being extended from Summit ranger station south of Government Camp, to Devil's peak. preparatory to the establishment of a forest lookout there next summer, according to Forest Examiner A.G. Jackson, who has been stationed at Summit as central dispatcher during the fire season. The new lookout will overlook the timber on the Zigzag and Salmon river watersheds. There are at present 11 lookouts on the Oregon national forest in the Mount Hood region says Jackson. These are on Larch, Indian, Lookout, Squaw and Battle Axe mountains, Mount Hood, Mount Wilson, Olallie butte, Mount Lowe, Fish creek and South Fork." (The Oregon Daily Journal)
January 1924: "The Salmon River trail is finished as far as Kienzle Creek, and the telephone line is completed to that point. This line will continue on to Devil's Peak, where a new lookout station will be established." (Six Twenty-Six)
July 5, 1924: "The Devil's peak lookout house was completed this week, and Feight and Myers are in charge." (The Eugene Guard)
September 16, 1925: "Lookout Walker came down from Devil's peak Saturday." (Morning Oregonian)
DESIGNATION - DEVILS PEAK LOOKOUT PID - RC2259 STATE/COUNTY- OR/CLACKAMAS COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - GOVERNMENT CAMP (1980) STATION DESCRIPTION
DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1941 THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS CENTER OF U.S. FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER ON SUMMIT OF DEVILS PEAK, ELEVATION 5054 FEET, SITUATED ABOUT 7 MILES SW OF GOVERNMENT CAMP, IN CASCADE RANGE. LOOKOUT CONSISTS OF HOUSE ON 20-FOOT WOODEN STAND.
A U.S.G.S. VERTICAL ANGLE BENCH MARK DISK, CEMENTED INTO ROCK OUTCROP, IS DISTANT 30 FEET FROM CENTER OF LOOKOUT IN AZIMUTH 336 DEG 53 MIN.
STATION IS REACHED FROM GOVERNMENT CAMP BY DRIVING E ABOUT 0.5 MILE ON MOUNT HOOD LOOP HIGHWAY, THENCE S AND W BY FOREST ROADS ABOUT 10 MILES TO END OF TRUCK TRAVEL, THENCE BY TRAIL ABOUT 2 MILES TO STATION.