c.1918: An alidade was established and used for two seasons.
c.1920: A cupola style lookout house was constructed.
1935: "A forty foot round-pole construction tower with a 14x14 fireman lookout cabin on top was constructed on Fredenberg Butte. The station was developed in connection with the Jackson County Fire Patrol Association, who is to man and maintain the station during fire season. Trees were felled and the debris from the clearing was burned." (The History of the Rogue River National Forest, Vol. 2)
August 8, 1936: Panorama photos taken.
August 30, 1936: "State and CCC crews were last night fighting a 30-acre fire on Ginger creek about three miles southeast of Butte Falls. The fire had been raging since 2 o'clock Thursday afternoon when it was discovered by Mrs. Ira Tungate at the Fredenburg Butte lookout station. Widow of the state forest patrolman, Mrs. Tungate is believed to be the only woman lookout in the forest service." (Medford Mail Tribune)
1938: A five man crew from the South Fork CCC camp worked on a hazard reduction project done the last half of September. (source lost)
July 12, 1938: Panorama photos were taken.
1939: Another hazard reduction project required ten men from the South Fork camp during the last half of June. (source lost)
August 21, 1941: "Mr. and Mrs. Henry Miller accompanied by a group of friends and relatives to Fredenberg Butte August 17, where Mrs. Millers son, Charles (Jiggs) Shepardson is employed as lookout." (Medford Mail Tribune)
October 3, 1941: "Charles Shepardson, lookout at Fredenburg Butte was released from duty September 21." (Medford Mail Tribune)
August 8, 1942: "The improvements which we have listed for Fredenberg observation post is as follows: 14x14 Aladdin type cabin on a 30 foot tower. This structure is in condition and little weatherization is needed. The post is accessible by road. This station needs suitable sleeping and storage facilities, it is recommended by this office to build a 16x18 garage sized building, completely sealed and floored for sleeping and storage accommodations. Shake and pole woodshed will also be needed." (Memorandum to the State Forester from JamesFrankland, USFS Engineering)
June 15, 1943: "We are sorry we overlooked Fredenberg as being a State of Oregon post when we wrote to the forest, but we understand that Warden McReynolds has been notified by the Rogue River forest that Fredenberg is one of the posts to be eliminated. Please notify us a few days in advance when Fredenberg can conveniently be inactivated." (Letter to the State Forester from James Frankland, USFS Engineering)
1964: "Repaired catwalk, stairs and trapdoor, varnished floor. Dug new garbage pit." (Southwest Oregon District seasonal report - 1964)
1965: "Repaired gas line and misc. painting." (Southwest Oregon District seasonal report - 1965)