August 1, 1934: "Brewster Rock lookout: Four miles of trail leads to Brewster Rock. Mr. Mercer made a careful examination of this trail, etc., and advises that he considers it practical to drag the 50 foot sawn treated tower to this point." (To Regional Forester from Forest Supervisor, Umpqua - CCC-)
April 21, 1936: "A new tower and lookout house has been constructed on Brewster rock." (Roseburg News-Review)
June 21, 1936: Panorama photos taken by S.L.M.
June 19, 1942: "When the Brewster Rock telephone line is completed it is expected that the McKinley Camp relay operator position will no longer be needed and therefore terminated." (Memorandum from James Frankland, USFS, to the State Forester)
September 11, 1942: A report from W.N. Parke, AWS Inspector, indicated that a 20x22 portable building, sealed and double walled was nearly completed.
May 1, 1944: Aircraft Warning Service Station "George 7-9" utilized existing facilities on county land. A portable CCC building was added to the improvements, no AWS investment was expended other than labor. Upon the end of service the site was retained by the State of Oregon. (Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)